Terms And Conditions
Reservations & Payment
Bookings can be made online via the Waterfront Melbourne Apartments website. Alternatively, guests can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 934 935.
Rates are structured based on the length of stay. If you alter your arrival or departure dates, your booking will be subjected to any relevant change in the daily rate and status of your booking might change.
Melbourne Holiday Apartments practices dynamic pricing wherein rates may change depending on various factors such as room availability, seasonality, peak events. Once a reservation has been made, the rate for that booking is guaranteed. Request for rate change or further discounts will not be entertained.
No payment deposit is required at the time of the booking. Full payment will be collected one day prior to arrival in line with our cancellation policy. In most cases, payment will be collected at the day of arrival.
Short stay reservations (bookings for 27 days or less): Payment will be collected at the day of arrival upon checking in.
Long stay reservations (bookings for 28 days and over): Payment is required in full 5 days prior to arrival. Payments are always required in advance.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Credit Card payments attract a 1.2% surcharge. Bank transfer does not incur fees.
Guests must be 18 years of age or older to make a reservation and stay at the apartment.
Due to COVID-19 uncertainty, reservations will be reconfirmed closer to the arrival date and payment will be arranged according to our short- and long-term payment policy.
Amendment And Cancellation
Amendments, change of date and cut short of stays are subject to the approval of Melbourne Holiday Apartments Management. The management reserves the right to cancel a booking if the booking is cut shorter than the minimum nights required. Property reserves the right to adjust the nightly rate to reflect the change of dates or length of stay.
Cancellation Policy for bookings made after the 6th of August 2021: if a booking is cancelled more than 1 day before arrival, no cancellation fee will be charged. If booking is cancelled within 1 day from the check-in date, then a cancellation fee equal to 1 night will be charged.
For NO SHOW bookings a cancellation equal to the full stay will be charged.
In-house guests: once guest has checked in no cut short is allowed even on a snap lockdown situation due to Covid restrictions. The property will not refund or offer credit in this instance as expenses related to this stay need to be considered.
Bookings made through online travel agents such as Expedia and Booking.com need to follow the cancellation policy of these platforms.
Bookings made before the 5th of August 2021: please refer to the cancellation policy at the time your reservation was made. This is reflected on your booking confirmation email.
All booking cancellations need to be in writing. Voice messages or verbal cancellations won’t be accepted unless we have received an email from you confirming it.
If cancellation is caused by Melbourne Holiday Apartments due to unforeseen circumstances, all money paid to date is refundable and will be refunded via the method paid within 7 days of cancellation notification. This is not applicable for bookings made prior to the 6th of August 2021. The manager will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the manager reserves the right to make alterations/cancellations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
Standard check in time is 2PM.
Guests are required to visit our office for the registration and check-in procedure. Our office is located at the corner of the Flinders Wharf building (17B Siddeley Street, next to the Ezy convenience store).
Office hours are Mondays to Fridays from 9AM to 5PM. Office is currently closed over the weekends and public holidays. Out of office hours check-ins are available and guest will be contacted for instructions on how to check in and proper documentation required.
Guests are required to present a photo ID upon arrival. Payments using credit card will only be accepted if card belongs to the guest checking in. Corporates are exception and will be dealt prior to arrival.
A pre-authorisation transaction of AUD300.00 will be processed to the credit card on arrival and will be held as a security bond. Guests who are unable to meet the check-in requirements will not be granted access to our apartments unless approved by the manager before check-in date.
Check-out time is 10AM.
Late check-out is subjected to availability and not guaranteed.
A late check out fee is applicable for late check-outs after 11am. Late check outs must be pre-arranged and subjected to availability. Late check out must be approved by the duty manager.
Melbourne Holiday Apartments follows a self-checkout procedure. Guests are required to return all keys upon departure. Keys can be dropped off using the “Express Check-Out” dropbox located in our office on Siddeley Street.
Guests must leave the apartment in a reasonable condition. No cleaning is required by the guest. Extra cleaning fee will be charged for apartments that are left too messy or carelessly dirty. Damage to any furniture, appliance or equipment will also be charged to the guest.
Conditions of Stay
Guests arriving early or with a late flight are welcomed to store bags in our office. The drop off and pick up of bags must be between office hours.
All apartments are self-contained. Housekeeping service is done on a weekly basis and is only applicable for stays of 7 days or more. Additional servicing is available on request and an additional charge would apply.
Only 2 sets of keys per apartment are available regardless of the number of guests staying in the apartment.
The number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation. Guests will be evicted if caught to have exceeded the number of people stated in the confirmation.
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Guests will be evicted if caught having a party or having an excessive number of visitors. Full loss of payment and eviction costs will apply.
Any damage, breakage, and loss of items in the apartment will be charged to the guests accordingly. The management reserves the right to uphold the bond for the recovery of loss.
Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is strictly prohibited and will result in the immediate eviction if guests don’t comply with our terms and conditions. Full loss of payment and eviction costs will apply.
Pets are not allowed in apartments booked for short stays.
Management takes no responsibility for the guests’ personal property.
All Apartments are NON-SMOKING. Smoking inside the apartment is prohibited. Smoking on the balcony is accepted provided the balcony door is closed. You are not permitted to throw cigarette butts from the balcony.
Should the smoke alarm in your apartment be activated during your stay by cooking or the use of candles, please open all windows and the balcony door. If the smoke alarm goes off inside the apartment the front door must NOT be opened, or it will cause the fire system alarm in the building to go off and the fire brigade will be engaged. Guest will take full responsibility for all costs incurred by the Melbourne Fire Brigade if they are called to attend.
You must not participate in any illegal activity at our apartments at any time. We reserve the right to terminate your accommodation agreement without a refund of any payment and security bond if you do so.
You must not assign or sub-let the whole or any part of the premises without our written consent.
Booking upgrade: If a guest is upgraded to a bigger apartment and other beds and towels are used, the management reserves the right to charge the correct tariff to cover expenses related to the extra usage.
Furniture, fixtures & fittings are not to be altered or moved between rooms.
Melbourne Holiday Apartments reserves the right to debit your credit card or pursue further compensation for any outstanding charges that apply to your booking and your stay. This includes extra cleaning, rubbish removal, additional guests, extended stays, late check-outs, extra bedrooms occupied, smoking penalties, lost keys and swipes, repairs, or damage to the property (in the apartment and/or common areas of the building).
Violation of any of these terms and conditions will result in immediate eviction and loss of bond.
All information and advice provided as part of this website is intended to be general in nature. Melbourne Holiday Apartments ensures that all information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website.
Problems/complaints/reporting faulty appliances
- If you need to report a problem at your apartment – for example an appliance does not work – please contact us immediately so we can address this matter for you.
- If you are unhappy with something at your apartment, please let us know while you are staying there so we can address this issue as soon as possible.
- The place of law is Victoria, and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
There is a zero tolerance for parties, functions, or excessive noise. We ask that you respect the residents and guests in the building. Number of guests staying must not exceed the number stated on the booking.
Guests must wear suitable footwear and appropriate clothing at all times, including inside the foyer and in the lift. Guests must dry off after using the pool. Strictly no glass objects in the recreational facilities. Children under the age of 15 years must not use these facilities unaccompanied.
Please note that appearance of clothing and other items apart from outdoor chairs is NOT allowed in the balcony or anywhere that is visible from the outside of the building under the body corporate policy. Please do not leave items such as laundry airers or clothing items in the balcony or wherever visible from the outside.
Rubbish should be disposed through chutes near lifts on levels 1 -17. Recycling rooms and larger bins can be found on level 1 – 6. To discard, tie rubbish in a plastic bag and place inside chute. Do not leave on the floor of the waste room.
Car Parking: Melbourne Holiday Apartments staff will assign you a car parking bay prior to arrival. Guests must use the designated parking bay throughout their stay. Parking in the wrong bay will result in the towing of the vehicle and charges of over $600 will incur. Waterfront Melbourne Apartments won’t be liable for this charge.
Smoke Alarm: should the smoke alarm in your apartment be activated during your stay by cooking or the use of candles, please open all windows and the balcony door. If the smoke alarm goes off inside the apartment the front door must NOT be opened, or it will cause the fire system alarm in the building to go off and the fire brigade will be engaged. Guest will take full responsibility for all costs incurred by the Melbourne Fire Brigade if they are called to attend.
COVID19 Protocol & Procedure
- Booking is required to use the recreational facilities. Booking can only be made when guests have already checked in via the property app (usage of recreational facilities is subject to availability at the time booking is made via the app).
- Maximum of 6 people are allowed in the gym at one time however each of these 4 people must be booked via the link above.
- Maximum of 2 people are allowed in the pool at one time however each of these 2 people must be booked via the link above.
- Maximum 1 person is allowed in the spa, sauna and steam room.
- Amenities are restricted to residents & registered guests only.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be always observed.
- Pool and gym users are required to follow allocated booking times.
- Pool and gym users are responsible for removal of rubbish and person items.
- Pool and gym users must maintain good personal hygiene and refrain from using amenities where they have cold or flu like symptoms.
- Pool and gym users must follow all reasonable directions from staff members.
- Pool and gym users must carry a towel and use disinfectant wipes to clean equipment after use.
- Guests must wear suitable footwear and appropriate clothing all times, including inside the foyer and lifts.
- Guests must dry off after using the pool.
- Strictly NO glass objects or food and drinks are to be brought in the pool area
- Children under the age of 18 years must not use these facilities unaccompanied.
- Toilets and Change rooms remain closed at present.
- All equipment and areas to be wiped with disinfectant upon completion
- To prevent possible contamination, the TV remote will not be available, and TV will be left on a news channel with sound off and captions on.
- Booking for the gym does not entitle to access to pool, and vice versa.
- Unfortunately, one of the reasons the pool keeps going out of service is because people are using the pool without showering. Oils, sweat, and moisturisers sweep into the chemical filter system, making the system work harder and throwing readings off. This in turn requires a shutdown until readings are corrected
- In the interest of the well-being of our current guests and staff, we regret that we are unable to accommodate guests who have tested positive to COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with a COVID-19 confirmed case in the last 14 days at this time.
- In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property will request additional documentation from guests to validate identity (such as driver’s license, passport, credit card used to make the booking), travel itinerary, reason for travel and other relevant information. Failure to produce the required documents will result in the cancellation of the booking.
All information or advice provided as part of this website is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. Melbourne Holiday tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website but does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Melbourne Holiday is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice or for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of you taking this action. We cannot be held responsible for the failure or interruption to power or other services to your apartment for reasons beyond our control. We are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits from the use of our apartments or services
Guests who have made the booking are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. In the event of dispute, Melbourne Holiday Apartments management decision is deemed final.